To be recognized as a trusted leader and partner in building strong resilient communities.
To improve lives and build community through engagement and mobilized collective action.
What We Do
- Invest in a wide array of human service agencies that help local people transition from dependence to independence, and improve their quality of life.
- Work with community partners to find long-term solutions to social issues.
- Provide leadership and support to the non-profit sector, helping agencies operate more effectively and make the best use of resources.
- Provide a way for people to get involved in the community and make a difference.
United Way is helping residents of Central Alberta reach more people in our community and change lives for the better.
This important work is continuous and well-demonstrated in many of United Way’s activities – building partnerships, engaging volunteers, creating new opportunities, leveraging and investing resources, and collaborating with others to build community solutions.
The result is positive and lasting impact for thousands of individuals and families and a healthier and stronger community for everyone.
Who We Help
- Funding and support are provided to over 30 agencies and programs in Central Alberta. Our geographic region stretches from Ponoka to Olds & Sundre and from Nordegg to Stettler.