How We Operate
At United Way, we strive to attain the following in all of our business transactions.
- Energize and inspire people to make a difference
- Provide meaningful opportunities for individuals to realize their potential by demonstrating volunteer leadership in service to community
- Reflect the diversity of the communities we serve
- Craft human care agendas within and across our communities
- Build coalitions around these agendas
- Increase investments in these agendas by expanding and diversifying our own resource development and fundraising efforts and supporting those of others
- Ensure that these investments have recognizable impact
- Provide non-partisan leadership in social change by focusing attention and resources on issues related to our mission.
- Endorse innovation, partnerships, and collective action to stimulate new ideas, create opportunities and build relationships that advance our mission and build community.
- Respect community wisdom and encourage citizen involvement in advancing our work and mobilizing communities.
- Encourage and promote volunteerism and volunteer leadership in all that we do.
- Demonstrate trust, integrity, inclusivity, and respect in all our actions, programs, and relationships by maintaining the highest ethical standards and acting in the best interests of our communities and their people.
- Embrace diversity by reaching out to and building on the diversity within our communities and proactively removing barriers to participation.
- Support a strong United Way Movement that builds on the individual and collective strengths and abilities of autonomous, local United Ways.