How to Start a Workplace Campaign
Invest in a Strong Campaign Team
We want your United Way Central Alberta employee campaign to be exceptional! We know how to prepare you for a successful experience – after all we’ve been doing it for 50 years!
Teamwork is the focus of community building and a team based approach will be the most efficient and effective way to run your campaign. Our team will support your team every step of the way.
Workers at Rimbey Keyera Gas Plant Gather for United Way Presentation September 23, 2015
How long will it take to run a campaign?
That all depends on you. Employee campaigns are a great way to build employee morale and promote teamwork. Some campaigns take one day, others up to two weeks or more. It’s your choice.
How do I begin?
Call United Way (403-343-3900) and ask to speak to one of our Resource Development staff. We will walk you through all that you need to know to get started.
Things to Consider:
- Your involvement is essential. Set the pace for an enthusiastic campaign.
- Choose a highly organized and respected leader to run your campaign.
- Your team should be representative of your workplace.
- Involve labour leadership from the beginning.
- Promote and encourage leadership giving.
- Ensure payroll deduction is available and encouraged.
- Sign up for one of our Employee Campaign Coordinator (ECC) training sessions so you can feel confident talking about United Way’s work in the community. For more information click here
- Dramatically increase your success by taking a guided tour of one of the agencies
- Request an agency speaker to present to your team
- Organize a Day of Caring™ for your company
- Recognize your team’s effort by ordering campaign promotional items
- Put a link to United Way on your website – it helps us attract new donors and demonstrates your commitment to United Way