How the Loaned Representative Program Works
The Loaned Representative program is one of the cornerstone economic strategies that United Way of Central Alberta uses to keep operating costs to a minimum, thereby maximizing the donor dollars that can go into community investments. United Way of Central Alberta could not support the community and raise the funds to the extent it does without the assistance from its corporate partners through this program. There are many ways local companies, both big and small, that can support United Way of Central Alberta.
Investing in your employees through this hands-on learning initiative will result in staff who are invigorated, and who have a greater sense of community spirit as well as a sense of teamwork.
TYPES OF LOANED REPRESENTATIVE PROGRAMS
The traditional Loaned Representative program offers the most intensive training forum for employees as they are directly engaged in helping achieve the annual campaign goal.
- 13 weeks (the last week of August to mid November)
- Work sharing is possible between two employees (this can provides a full week of support to United Way)
- There are numerous work streams available (marketing, financial analysis, volunteer management)
- Volunteer-focused (The loaned representative will provide assistance to volunteers in the field)
Loaned Representatives in the modified program help to analyze results, identify trends, create marketing pieces, conduct research, enter campaign data, and assist in general office projects.
- Customized work periods (2.5 days or more per week)
- Work sharing is possible (between two staff members)
- Numerous project stream available: administrative, financial analysis, data support
- January—July time frame (these can be customized, and they can also run through campaign in certain project streams)
Many times an organization wants to help within the loaned representative program but cannot afford to release a member of their own staff. By sponsoring a Loaned Representative position, corporate partners can provide support to United Way team through sponsoring a loaned representative. Funds are remitted directly to United Way, and United Way arranges and manages all payroll and HR logistics. Each sponsored program is customized to match available funds. Variable contract periods throughout the year allows for different projects to be assigned to sponsored representatives.
TESTIMONIALS FROM FORMER LOANED REPRESENTATIVES
“This opportunity allowed me to participate in all aspects of a high profile charity campaign for a twelve-week period. Extensive involvement in campaign strategies, market targets and analysis, assist in identifying next step programs to encourage new employer involvement as well as assisting in employee campaigns”.
Canada Revenue Agency
“Participating in the Loaned Representative program was a great experience for me. I believe that any Loaned Rep could benefit from this experience and that they could also contribute to the United Way by bringing with them their own unique skills and expertise”.
Communication’s & Corporate Planning
The City of Red Deer