Community Impact Research Aide
Classification: Contract Full Time
Direct Reports: None
Volunteer Reports: None
Supervisor: Community Impact Development Officer
United Way of Central Alberta (UWCA) is committed to meeting its mission to improve lives and build community through engagement and mobilized collective action. Everything we do is driven by our Community Impact work. This work is vital in building healthy and strong communities where everyone thrives. This position is generously funded through the Canada Summer Jobs grant. Applicants must be between 18–30 year old.
Reporting & Authority
The Community Impact Research Aide will report to the Community Impact Development Officer and will be a key player in helping United Way Central Alberta research and shape our Community Impact work both in the short term and for years to come.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Research and capture information on equitable granting practices
- Research, capture information and make suggestions around diversity and inclusion, both from the perspective of a funder and within the organization.
- Work with colleagues to develop NFP capacity building opportunities.
- Assist with current grants, and development of new ones
- Assist with the preparation of content for agency newsletter to promote granting and learning opportunities
- Assist in developing impact reporting.
Experience & Knowledge
- Experience with academic research
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Excel, Microsoft Teams
- Understanding of social issues
- Knowledge of granting best practices considered an asset
Skills & Proficiencies
- Willingness for perpetual learning
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to synthesize and provide a critical analysis of data
- Ability to problem-solve
- Ability to prioritize projects in a complex and ever-evolving environment
To apply for this position please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org