Winter coat donations collected at UWCA for local agencies
United Way Central Alberta (UWCA) is calling able community members and local businesses to take part in our Coats for Communities campaign. Throughout the 2023/24 winter months, coats (and other colder-weather accessories) can be brought to UWCA to be distributed to local agencies directly supporting individuals in need. Here are some key details for those interested in participating:
- Donation Items: We are collecting new and gently used men’s, women’s, and children’s winter coats. We are also accepting cold-weather accessories including:
- Snow pants
- Hand & foot warmers
- *We kindly ask that all used donation items be freshly laundered
- Drop-off Location: Donations can be dropped off at the United Way Central Alberta (UWCA) during their regular office hours:
- Office Address: 4828 53 St #100, Red Deer, AB T4N 2E8
- Office Hours: Monday – Friday, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Beneficiaries: All donated items will be distributed to local agencies directly supporting Central Albertans in need.
Coats for Communities is perfect for those wanting to clear out their coat closet or hoping to make a positive impact on the lives of Central Albertans. We also encourage businesses and organizations to participate by collecting donations within their workplaces.
For more details on Coats for Communities, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org